Five Ways to Celebrate Palm Springs Year Round:
1) Remarkable Hiking: The Indian Canyons and Mt. San Jacinto State Park, via the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, feature over 150 miles of hiking trails through pristine wilderness, streams and ancient palm groves.
2) Thrilling Off-Road Tours: Take a guided four-wheel drive along the San Andreas Fault, learn about Palm Springs’ thousands of hillside windmills, or climb among the rocky moonscapes of Joshua Tree National Park.
3) Vegas-Style Gaming: Skip the holiday traffic and get lucky at the downtown Palm Springs Spa Resort Casino for table games, slots, and poker…plus nightlife and dining. http://www.sparesortcasino.com
4) Knott’s Soak City: Stay cool when you whoosh down a 7-story waterslide, swim in an 800,000-galloon wave pool or chill on the lazy river at Knott’s Soak City Water Park. http://www.soakcityusa.com/
5) Cool Pool Parties. Enjoy the views from a cabana while listening to the sounds of the finest DJs at one Palm Springs’ weekend cool pool parties:
Ace Hotel: DJ by the pool with Victor Rodriguez every Sunday from 1 p.m. – 6p.m.
Hotel Zoso: Every weekend, chill by the pool and enjoy DJ and sunshine.
Riviera Resort & Spa: Daily Cocktail Hour Flag Raising at Riviera from 5 – 6 p.m.
Spa Resort Casino: Poolside party every weekend (12 p.m.- 7p.m.) featuring DJs. Free Entry for hotel guests / $10 entry fee for non-hotel guest
Viceroy Palm Springs: Sunday Sessions at the Citron Pool from 12 – 4 p.m featuring London DJ Chris Paul; poolside dining; signature drinks.
For Palm Springs visitor information and travel deals, go to http://www.VisitPalmSprings.com